MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) Scan is an examination that is carried out to take the detailed pictures of the inside organs of the body through strong magnetic and radio waves. It is generally used to diagnose the underlying cause of some symptoms happening in your body. Usually, the area of chest, abdomen or pelvis is scanned during an MRI scan Miami. Pregnant women may also undergo this scan for safely monitoring the baby.
Why you should go for an MRI?
MRI Scanning is performed to examine the organs of the abdomen and the chest which includes heart, liver, spleen, kidneys, pancreas, and adrenal glands. The pelvic organs are also monitored such as bladders, uterus, and ovaries in females and prostate glands in the males. Blood vessels and lymph nodes are also evaluated including the MR angiography.
The physicians usually conduct the MRI scanning to diagnose the tumors of the chest, abdomen or pelvis, the diseases of the liver and abnormalities in the pancreas or bile ducts.
In case you are going through inflammatory bowel disease like Crohn’s disease or ulcers in the stomach or colon, facing heart problems etc. you must go through an MRI Scan that might be an answer to all your problems.
There are various MRI centers in Miami where they use highly sophisticated equipment installed with the latest technology and machines.
What are the pros and cons of a MRI scan?
• From years, MRI is known to diagnose a wide range of conditions such as cancer, heart disease, abnormalities in muscles and bones.
• MRI is a technique that does not harm you as they do not use ionizing radiation.
• MRI allows the discovery of the diseases that might be hindered by bones or other scanning methods.
• In case sedation is used during an MRI, it might be risky for you. But the nurse will supervise your vital signs to reduce the risk.
• If contrast intravenous is given, the physician recommends the women that they should not breastfeed the babies for 24 to 48 hours otherwise it will be harmful to the baby as well as the mother.
MRI Miami provides high-quality images with proper diagnoses report. You must make yourself perfectly still and follow the instructions given by the nurse while the images are being recorded.
Although there is no case that MRI harms the fetus the pregnant women are advised not go through it unless medically prescribed.
CDI Miami | Tuesday December 4, 2018