CT scan is more than an ordinary X-ray as a combined set of beams are simultaneously sent through the body to get the images from different angles with more clarity. These images are then examined by the doctors to get an insight into any underlying problem inside the body.
At the diagnostic center, you will be placed inside a doughnut-shaped machine and it is less likely that you will feel claustrophobia.
What are the most common uses of CT Scans?
Initially, CT Scans were used to take the images of the brain but as the technology has become more advanced, these are being used to take pictures of nearly every part of the body. The CT Scans offer cross-sectional and highly detailed images of the organs so they are extensively used by the doctors to examine various parts of the body such as chest, abdomen, and pelvis etc.
These are highly recommended as doctors can see through the body without operating or performing any difficult examinations.CT Scans are used for a variety of reasons, some of them are:
Doctors use CT scan for detecting different kinds of cancers such as lung, kidney or liver.
If the patient has suffered from serious injuries, it is used to check for any inner injuries or deformations.
Sudden onset of symptoms such as abdominal pain, breathlessness etc. may let the doctor recommend a CT scan.
Doctors use CT scans for the preparation of radiotherapy as it will be easy for them to know where exactly a tumor lies inside the body.
CT scans are also used to detect vascular diseases and skeletal problems inside the body.
These are particularly used to diagnose the brain tumors and test for bleeding in the brain.
The imaging center Miami are well-equipped with high-end and advanced machines to provide you with sophisticated scans and accurate results and diagnosis.
Are CT scans dangerous? Do they hurt?
The amount of radiation involved in the scan is small. However, you are exposed to a beam of X-rays rather than a single x-ray so doctors only recommend a CT scan only when it is highly necessary.
For pregnant women, it is usually not suggested as the radiations can harm the fetus. It is only recommended when there is serious condition involved.
It does not hurt anyway but some people just get anxious while lying inside the scanner. Make sure you are calm and cool and just tell your doctor if you are feeling nervous or panicky.
CT scan Miami has experienced staff and has years of expertise, thus they provide full support and perform the scan carefully without harming the patient.
One of the top concerns in women nowadays is breast cancer. Nationalized breast screening programs, center for diagnostic imaging, modern treatment methodologies, along with the research going on the disease, all these play an important part in the detection and prevention of breast cancer.
Risk factors associated with developing breast cancer
If you have a family history of breast cancer that is if your sister, mother or daughter had a breast cancer, you might have the risk of developing cancer in your breast.
Age factor also plays a crucial role in having this type of cancer, as you get older, the risk of developing cancer also increases. The women between 55 to 59 years of age have are at higher risk of having this cancer. While it primarily affects older women but it can also occur in women under the age of 30.
If you earlier had cancer in one of your breasts, this might increase the risk of having cancer in the other part of the similar breast or in the other breast.
Overweight and alcohol intake also increases the risk of cancer. You must go to the breast diagnostic center in case you feel lumps in your breasts as it could possibly be due to the breast cancer.
In case if you have a family history of other cancers such as cancers of ovaries, uterus, colon or cervix, this can increase the risk of breast cancer.
If you have undergone a hormone replacement therapy, you can have the risk of cancer due to the prolonged use of oestrogen and progesterone.
If you have given birth to a child after 35 years of age or you have never given the birth to a child can also increase the risk of having cancer.
How can you reduce the risk of having a breast cancer?
• Limit the consumption of alcohol and avoid smoking: Alcohol and smoking can apparently increase the risk of breast cancer so doctors recommend avoiding these two to prevent you from cancer.
• Try to maintain a proper weight: If you are overweight especially after menopause, you are at higher risk of developing cancer so try to control your weight and have a balanced diet.
• Regular exercise can prevent you from breast cancer: 75 minutes of vigorous exercise weekly can help lower the risk of cancer.
• It would be best to visit the women center Miami to get proper guidance and treatment regarding the cancer and its prevention.
It’s perfectly fine to get worried and feel nervous if you never had an MRI scan before, but there’s no need to fear the MRI scan. It’s a painless and a completely safe process and will not harm you in any case. Here’s a guide to give you an insight of the MRI scan so that you should feel less stressful and can confidently go to the medical imaging center.
Principles of MRI Scan
MRI-Magnetic Resonance Imaging uses powerful magnetic fields, magnetic field gradients, and radio waves to take the images of your internal organs, and tissues. The doctors usually conduct this test to diagnose the underlying problem causing the abnormal symptoms in your body. The imaging center Miami does not use radiations like X-rays or CT scans.
Get ready to undergo an MRI scan!
1. Tell your doctor if you have claustrophobia- fear of confined places: As during the MRI scan you will be enclosed in a tube-like machine, so if you suffer from claustrophobia, you will be given the sedatives before the test in order to prevent you from the panic attack.
2. Inform the doctor about any health issues: Tell your doctor if you have any of the following conditions:
• Kidney problems
• Allergic to iodine or gadolinium
3. Follow the instructions given by your doctor before the exam: Generally you will continue with your regular routine but if you have any medical conditions then the doctor may give you some guidelines that you must follow.
4. Don’t go alone for the exam, ask a friend or family member to accompany you: It will be good to take someone with you to the diagnostic center as the process is lengthy and quite stressful. It will make you feel better.
5. Remove any items that contain metal: You need to arrive early as there’ll be some paperwork and the nurse may need to talk to you before the scan. The radiologist may refrain you from eating about an hour before.
You need to remove all the jewelry, hairpins, watches, wigs before going into the machine.
6. Relax and Relax: The noise of the clicking of the magnets and the fear of closed in a tube can make you anxious. So just take some deep breaths and close your eyes before being placed into the scanner.
Seeking the prominent diagnostic center for women Miami? Well, in that case, you have landed at the right location! Many people hardly emphasize the overall reputation of a diagnostic center when it comes to imaging scans. It is mandatory for you to check the background of a service provider that can assure quality services without any hassle!
There’s no point in spending your money on the services that are actually not going to serve you in the treatment of a specific disease. A lot of people face issues with their reports like poor quality imaging, delayed results, and uncertainty. One should always keep in mind that they can always get the right treatment from a renowned physician only when they get a proper diagnosis as recommended by their doctor.
Thus; it is necessarily important for you to pick the right diagnostic center for better results and timely reports. Dive in here to know more about choosing the appropriate service provider.
Always Research on the Internet
It is always a wise decision to rely on the reviews posted by people who have earlier been to any of the diagnosis centers located in Miami. This would not only give you an idea regarding the services offered by a particular center but you could eventually decide which would be best for you.
Another reason to rely on these online portals is that you can get the idea about the services that are sometimes not available at all the diagnostic centers. Once you have shortlisted the available service providers, it is the time to pick the one that suits you the most.
Undoubtedly, you can always rely on references from your acquaintances that possess some knowledge about the promising diagnostic medical imaging service providers in your location. A referral could be the best thing that can surely lend a hand in finding the appropriate service provider possessing great expertise in offering the best in class imaging diagnosis services.
Apart from this, you can always seek references from your physician as they possess ample knowledge about the promising centers in Miami. It would be great to consider them for your scans like the X-Ray, Mammogram, or an MRI scan.
So these are some of the easiest ways to seek professional medical imaging services that can augment your overall medical treatment.